Michael Moore: Would You Buy a Used Car from this Man?

It has long been my belief that, however much contempt Michael Moore may feel for conservatives, it is as nothing compared to the disdain he has for the “progressives� who actually take him seriously. How else can one explain the following howler, produced in his recent Time interview?

Every fact in my films is true. And yet how often do I have to read over and over again about supposed falsehoods?

This is, to continue the car salesman analogy, rather like saying “Every car on my lot is an automobile.� Only a man convinced that his fans are brain-dead idiots would have the audacity to feed them such a fatuous tautology.

Moore isn’t satisfied with reciting tired lefty talking points about Cuban health care, which I discuss in greater detail here, he deliberately insults the intelligence of the hopelessly naïve “progressives� who actually think he has something useful to contribute to the health care debate.

As if to confirm Moore’s opinion of their intellectual limitations, many “progressive� bloggers and other media outlets have actually fallen for Moore’s transparent publicity stunt involving a dark plot by the Bush Administration to “confiscate� Sicko.

I guess I shouldn’t complain. Since the raison d’être of this blog is to “clean the Augean stables of the health care debate,� I should be grateful to Moore and his childlike fans for providing enough BS to keep me busy for a while.

Comments 7

  1. SLP wrote:

    Interesting that you label my blog entry as “hopelessly naive” when in reality (if that doesn’t offend you, those “fact” things), the entire entry is two quotations: one from Moore and one from Time. Perhaps that’s what the actual “BS” is – your faulty inferences and implications (above) not based on fact.

    So sad. So typical.

    Posted 20 May 2007 at 7:26 am
  2. Catron wrote:

    You refer to Time’s sycophantic puff piece as “worth a read,� and you uncritically quote Moore’s shameless agitprop. So, I thought “hopelessly naïve� was the kindest way to put it.

    Posted 20 May 2007 at 8:49 am
  3. SLP wrote:

    Useless to discuss when you’re mind is so firmly made up that it’s shut. Nice to meet you anyway.

    Posted 20 May 2007 at 10:57 am
  4. Catron wrote:

    I’m always open to convincing evidence that my opinion is out of synch with the facts. But you have to do better than the brayings of Michael Moore.

    Posted 20 May 2007 at 3:47 pm
  5. MoleOnABull wrote:

    Oh man… I wonder if SLP actually swallows the Moore Doctrine as gospel truth. It blows my mind that people actually take Moore seriously!

    If everyone had their head on straight, Moore would be irrelevant.

    p.s. Catron,
    new to your blog, good stuff. came here via Kevin MD

    Posted 20 May 2007 at 10:28 pm
  6. Catron wrote:

    Yes, MoleOnABull, I’m afraid she does swallow the basic message. Sadly, she is not alone. As you say, in a sane world, Moore would be a tree falling in the forest.

    And, BTW, welcome to HCBS.

    Posted 21 May 2007 at 9:11 am
  7. Jed wrote:

    So what if he’s wrong on a few points in his movie, has he sinned to the point where it should be called blasphemous and banned from movie theater’s nation wide? Does the version of your bible condemn him to being stoned to death? If you’re so righteous, why don’t you pick up the first stone and start lobbying them all to the left side of this earth, oh great man who calls out the wonderful BS of this world!

    So tell me then oh great right-wing follower of Christ, where do you make a stand to bring out your own little half truths about people’s horror stories with the insurance industry? Oh Im sorry if you haven’t published your documentary that will make millions to slam the name of a man and his ideas.

    You say there is a debate on health care and that it will somehow keep you busy and that children will be the only minds that stand up to you. I’m sorry, Mr. big daddy over there who thinks he’s so high and mighty.. how arrogant of me, just some little left-wing kid, to get in your way of your agenda and take so much of your time.

    Posted 28 Jun 2007 at 3:26 pm

Trackbacks & Pingbacks 1

  1. From Michael Moore is an Idiot at InMuscatine on 21 May 2007 at 8:36 am

    [...] : Another Michael Moore fan can be found here. Excerpt : Moore isn’t satisfied with reciting tired lefty talking points about Cuban health [...]

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *