HOW NOT TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY

As I pointed out recently, the socialized medicine crowd has come up with a new pretext for imposing government-run health care on the country—-that it will somehow stimulate the economy. Michael Cannon asks an inconvenient question:

That seems to contradict their usual spiel … that America’s health care sector is wasteful and inefficient … How is pumping more money into such an inefficient economic sector supposed to stimulate growth?

The answer, of course, is that it won’t. Not that this really matters to the advocates of government-run health care. For them, this is just another bogus argument they can use to trick the public into giving them yet more power over our lives and money.

1. James Hovland wrote:

Nice spin. That was a good try.

First, lets separate insurance from health care, because all we actually need is the care.

Insurance is wasteful and inefficient. With insurance, you pay for lobbyists, political contributions, propaganda, multi million dollar CEO salaries, multi million dollar bonuses, marketing expenses, corporate offices, corporate jets… Shall I go on?

Pumping more money into waste is the insurance industry’s plan, not ours. For them, this is just another bogus argument they can use to trick the public into giving them yet more power over our lives and money. Ask them… How is pumping more money into anti-government propaganda going make that not true?

Single Payer removes the insurance waste from our Health Care system. A government of, by, and for the people is not something to be feared, it’s something to be controlled. Health Care controlled by the people will be far better than health care controlled by insurance. I say “will” because a public plan is only a matter of time whether the Capitalists like it or not.

People are more knowledgeable now than at any point in history. We have access to information like never before, news archives, global communication, social networks, blogs, and a comment section on every corner. Welcome to the information era, where the people have a voice, and Democracy is rising.

James Hovland, a product of freedom

Posted 28 Dec 2008 at 10:26 pm

“Pumping more money into waste is the insurance industry’s plan, not ours.”

Wrong, Mr. Hovland. I recommend a little homework on this issue. A good place to start can be found at this link.

Posted 28 Dec 2008 at 10:44 pm
  3. Matt Horn wrote:

Product of Freedom? So you want the government to take over and that is freedom? That’s a real knee slapper. Administrators are needed in any system, and the insurance industry has lower admin costs even with profit built in than any government administered plan. Plus the market produces better results for more people.

Posted 29 Dec 2008 at 10:48 am

‘Administrators are needed in any system, and the insurance industry has lower admin costs even with profit built in than any government administered plan.’

That’s funny Matt – have the men in white coats come for you yet?

Posted 30 Dec 2008 at 1:37 pm
  5. Matt Horn wrote:

I take it you disagree? What should I expect, you have been wrong on every other topic you choose to discuss in this realm.

Posted 31 Dec 2008 at 10:59 am
  6. Paul wrote:

You’d think Marc Brown would get tired of being wrong all the time, but apparently he doesn’t.

Posted 01 Jan 2009 at 1:00 am
  7. Marc B. wrote:

Well Paul and Matt, we have yet to see the day you post one fact that counters anything I say. As someone posted recently about me:

‘…he is killing you guys. You are flailing and failing in your arguments. I am not in favor of completely govt run health care but all of your arguments really are worthless in the face of the statistics.’

I rest my case.

Posted 01 Jan 2009 at 4:41 pm
  8. Paul wrote:

Marc, we have yet to see the day you post one fact, period. Despite your delusions to the contrary, it’s far from sacrosanct that government-run health care has lower administrative costs than private.

Posted 02 Jan 2009 at 11:14 am
  9. Marc B. wrote:

‘we have yet to see the day you post one fact, period.’

Paul, you could not be more wrong. Look back through my posts. They are extensively referenced. I guess you may be trying to be ironic, but as we know Americans don’t do irony very well…

Posted 03 Jan 2009 at 6:17 am
  10. Paul wrote:

Marc, every single thing I’ve seen you post here is unsubstantiated hyperbole. At this point I’m convinced you’re trolling, because I’ve never seen you reference anything.

Posted 04 Jan 2009 at 2:53 am
  11. Matt wrote:

I will try to source it, but there was a report within the last couple of months that showed the admin on government plans were 6-17% higher than commercial plans. I believe it was by Milliman, but I will have to confirm and I have been pretty short on time lately.

Posted 07 Jan 2009 at 9:58 pm