NHS: 4,000 BABIES BORN IN LIFTS & RESTROOMS

Progressives are committed to improving the plight of women, right? So, why are they so enthusiastic about emulating government-run health care systems that always seem to shortchange women?

Why do they want, for example, to emulate the medical systems of Canada, France and Great Britain when the breast cancer survival rates in those countries are worse than that of the current U.S. health care system?

The progressive enthusiasm for government-run health care seems even more ironic when considering the latest horror show from Great Britain’s socialized medical system. As reported by the Daily Mail:

Thousands of women are having to give birth outside maternity wards because of a lack of midwives and hospital beds.

Yep. You read that correctly.

The lives of mothers and babies are being put at risk as births in locations ranging from lifts to toilets – even a caravan – went up 15 per cent last year to almost 4,000.

And this kind of thing is not limited to the U.K. Last year I wrote about the growing number of Canadian women with high risk pregnancies being sent to the U.S. for care because beds aren’t available it home.

But progressives aren’t fazed. In fact, when GOP Congresswoman Michele Bachmann spoke recently about poor care women receive under government-run health care, one of these characters began heckling her.

But Bachmann is no shrinking violet. She didn’t hesitate to point out to the nutroot heckler, who was male, that she had a leeeeetle more experience with childbirth than he could claim.

And, as Michelle Malkin reports, the lady’s not kidding. Rep. Bachmann is the mother of five and the foster mom of 23.  Here’s the video of Bachmann slamdunking this dope:

Comments 5

  1. johnson wrote:

    This is probably a good place to point out that, unless I’m missing something, no one serious is proposing that the US adopt a system like Britain’s or Canada’s. The health reform plans that are on the table are not government-owned and operated systems, but government-funded systems.

    Posted 29 Aug 2009 at 9:42 pm
  2. Marc Brown wrote:

    The United States ranks 41st in the world for maternal mortality, with 1 in 4,800 women dying from pregnancy complications. The U.S. was tied with the eastern European country of Belarus and just above Serbia and Montenegro.

    2007 figures.

    M.

    Posted 30 Aug 2009 at 7:00 am
  3. wd wrote:

    johnson,

    Yes, you are missing something. Obama, Barney Frank, Jan Schakowski and others have all said they favor a “single-payer” system–which, as you well know, is what they have in the U.K. And many of them believe that a “public plan” is the first step toward getting there.

    Posted 01 Sep 2009 at 1:51 pm
  4. wd wrote:

    Marc,

    What’s your point?

    Posted 01 Sep 2009 at 1:53 pm
  5. johnson wrote:

    I thought “single payer” meant private healthcare providers funded by the gov’t, but the UK uses actually government-run healthcare providers (hospitals, e.g., which are the subject of this post)? Is that not right?

    Posted 01 Sep 2009 at 3:56 pm

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *